At last count I think there were plans for nearly 15 new hotels in Glasgow – a staggering figure for a city of its size, no doubt fuelled by the upcoming 2014 Commonwealth Games. If you’re planning an incentive trip or visit to Glasgow, then here’s the low-down on some that are planning to open this year.
The Grand Central Hotel (http://www.thegrandcentralhotel.com/)
We’re super excited about the renovation of this city centre hotel! It’s prominent location and dramatic architectural detail is sure to make it a sought after place to stay.
It’s key features includes:
- Banqueting suit for up to 600
- Bar, restaurant, champagne bar
- 180 + bedrooms
- More than 20 meeting rooms
Jury’s Inn at the SECC
This is an ideal location for a second Jury’s hotel in Glasgow and further strengthens the ‘SECC’s campus’ as a great conference and event destination.
The 230 room hotel will be a stone’s throw from the SECC, Clyde Auditorium, the famous North Rotunda and a short walk from many restaurants and bars.
More Info: New Hotel is Vote of Confidence
Boutique Hotel Indigo arrives in Glasgow (http://www.ihgplc.com)
IHG hotels are extending their already prominent presence in the Glasgow hotel landscape (they have 7 existing hotels in the city, including the Crowne Plaza) by opening their boutique chain, Hotel Indigo in the city centre. The first UK Hotel Indigo outside of London will be housed in a converted bank building on Waterloo Street.
This stylish 96 bedroom boutique hotel will offer visitor visitors easy access to everything in the city centre, including the financial district, shopping, bars & restaurants and great transport links.
More info: Hotel Indigo Announces UK Expansion
Blythswood Square Spa (http://www.townhousecompany.com/blythswoodsquare/spa/)
Ok, so we know this fabulous hotel has technically already opened, however we’re looking forward to the opening of its long-awaited spa! We reckon that if the spa is as luscious as the 5* hotel, it will definitely be worth a visit for some top class pampering!
Key feature of the hotel are:
- 100 guest bedrooms, including a penthouse with a private lift and terrace
- Restaurant, Rally Bar & the Salon Bar
- 4 meeting rooms with capacity of up to 120 people
- Luxury spa with sophisticated and varied skincare treatments, a vitality pool, heat experiences
Key feature of the spa are:
- Nine luxurious treatment rooms
- Treatments incorporating natural and organic Scottish plants and ingredients
- Post treatment relaxation room
- Vitality pool with 5 swan neck massage fountainsHydrotherapy spa pool
- Dark vitality pool
- Cold plunge pool
- Rock sauna
- Crystal steam room
- Aromatherapy saunarium
- Laconium heat room
- Ice fountain
- Cold drench bucket shower
- Luxurious changing facilities
- Complementary robes, towels and slippers.
- Complimentary changing room amenities
- Spa cafe/lounge serving nutritious healthy food
Would you like us to review any of Scotland's hotels?
Just let us know!